AUSTRALIAN GENDER EQUALITY COUNCIL
The Australian Gender Equality Council Ltd (AGEC) recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of AGEC for data that we collect:
- through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, (collectively, the “Websites”)
- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”)
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”)
- through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services”. By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual. Through our website, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media and loyalty accounts
We use Personal Data and Other Data to:
- Provide the Services you request. We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide Services you request, including newsletters, information on upcoming campaigns, upcoming forums, findings of our research programs and the progress of gender equality issues generally.
- To support our electronic receipt program. When you provide an email address in making a payment, we use that email address to send you a copy of your receipt.
- We will use Personal Data and Other Data to manage our relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services. We collect Personal Data when you join us through our website, communicate with us, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up for a newsletter.
Use of Personal Data
We use Personal Data and Other Data in this way with your consent, to manage our relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Business Purposes. We use Personal Data and Other Data for data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new services, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and operating and expanding our activities.
We use Personal Data and Other Data in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of Services, and to do so, we share Personal Data and Other Data with the following:
- AGEC Officers. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to Directors and Officers of AGEC for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and personalizing the Services, communicating with you and to accomplish our business purposes.
- Service Providers.We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to third-party service providers for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Examples of service providers include companies that provide website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, marketing, auditing and other services.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section, below.
Retention of Data
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org