The gender composition of society must be reflected in the proportional air-time of presenters as well as the reporting and representation of all media content including sport, news media, the arts, entertainment and community.
- All genders receive equal media coverage in the news, entertainment and social media.
- People are treated equally in the media regardless of gender.
- The faces of all genders are seen and voices heard equally in all domains of the media, and in ensuring that they are presented in non-traditional roles.
- Media outlets set targets for coverage of women sports people, commentators and entertainers.
- Call out gender biased advertising and programming, and sexist media.
- Promote and reward exemplar organisations that demonstrate gender balance.
- Media watchdogs to develop and enforce a policy toolkit for fair gender representation in the media.
- A focus on undoing gender role stereotypes through a national advertising campaign.