Parents should share equally in the caring of children and must have access to free, universal, quality, accessible, all-hours early childhood education and care.
- Parents must have access to and use parental and caring leave equally.
- There is universal quality affordable early education and care for early childhood, before and after school, and vacation care, during primary school years.
- Government funding and changes to early education policy provides universal free quality childcare through subsidy, tax incentives or extension of primary school education to 0-5- year olds.
- Employers or government provide equal access to leave for parenting and other carer responsibilities.
- Parental leave available to all parents (regardless of gender) and should be on a “use it, or
lose it” basis.